Company or Institution
AIM Education and Research Society
Non-profits, Foundations & Philanthropists
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
SDG 3: Good Health and Well-being
SDG 5: Gender Equality
SDG 10: Reduced Inequality
SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
SDG 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
General description of the AI solution
Artificial intelligence is shaping the future of humanity across every industry, including healthcare. While AI has the potential to provide large incremental value, its adoption & promotion till date has been driven primarily by commerciality. Large-scale AI adoption strategies in health sector requires a balance between convex approaches of financial impact and greater societal good.
Blood donations help save millions of lives every year. According to WHO, almost 120 mn blood units are collected per year to help people with various health conditions. But this still doesn’t match the demand side. Blood cannot be stored indefinitely, making blood unit collection a challenge. Furthermore, even though blood banks run blood donation campaigns regularly, some patients are suffering from the lack of suitable blood types. Additionally, finding appropriate donor is a common challenge. Current blood bank measures are unable to cover a larger population/volunteer donor, and calls for a large public-private collaboration.
AIMERS AI powered solution: Blood-Donor (both android APP & online platform) is about improving performance of blood banks and increasing chances of the patient (demand) to find suitable pool of blood donors (supply) promptly and locally. Besides, the system helps to select an effective target group for blood donation campaigns. Simply, it directly connects the patient/blood banks with donors, and that is without any cost. The application depends on machine learning algorithms to enhance the efficiency of the process of finding potential blood donors.
AIMERS project is a non-for-profit society based collective effort to promote and scale impact-themed SDGs (3, 5, 10, 11 & 17). Through a proprietary digital platform, it allows people to benefit from AI/ML based solution, while channeling their human values into SDG-contributing product, in the form of blood-donation. AIMERS wants to scale it, and campaign about benefits of blood donation, both nationally, and globally.
Github, open data repository, prototype or working demo
• Impact of SHGs on its Members at Individuals, Family and Community Levels – Published in International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews- IJRAR
May 2019, Volume 6, Issue2, ISSN 2349-5131.
• Women Empowerment & Sustainable Development – Article printed in HMA News Letter November 2019 and printed in GGA Ambassador Magazine.Feb’2021
• Child Injury Prevention – Published in Excellence International Journal of Education and Research
(Multi-subject journal) VOLUME 3 ISSUE 07 JULY 2016 ISSN 2349-8838
• “Women 2000: gender equality, development and peace for twenty-first century” Statement Submitted UNESC
• The role of digital technologies on social development and well-being of all, Statement submitted – Commission for Social Development – UN General
Assembly, 6 Nov.’2020
HPC resources and/or Cloud Computing Services