International World Series Events on Artificial Intelligence
They will focus on the values of the European Union such as respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities.
IRCAI has already held an international event on the elaboration of the Recommendation on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence, jointly organized by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia, the Slovenian National Commission for UNESCO and UNESCO HQ. Now, with the support of the Slovenian Government, it intends to organize public diplomacy activities accompanying international events during the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU.
This will be a follow-up to IRCAIs launch in March 2021 with expert panels and seminars on the use of Artificial Intelligence on Key Development and Global Challenges across Europe and beyond. These will aim to be engaging and different than the current AI events being offered across Europe and globally. The events will most likely be online, as IRCAI has a setup that allows online events easily.
Based on preliminary discussions, the following groups are of interest to IRCAI seminars:
1. European and world citizens who need access to basic information about AI that is not constrained by, modality, culture, domain, language, and other barriers.
2. European and world Governments that implement, test and seek equitable solutions and policies for AI
3. Education providers, which wish to offer high-quality information on AI
4. AI researchers and engineers, who need a promotional platform for their activities in AI
5. AI companies and other data driven companies that want to showcase their services in AI
The first workshop is tentatively being organized by IRCAI in Ljubljana in June; further five events will then take place from June to December 2021. The European workshops will be either matched or delivered along with international workshops across the remaining United Nations geographic zones: Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe and North America, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
under the auspices of UNESCO (IRCAI)
Jožef Stefan Institute
Jamova cesta 39
The designations employed and the presentation of material throughout this website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UNESCO concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Design by Ana Fabjan